Obvious signs that your old mattress has seen better days:
- A valley has developed in the section of the mattress where you sleep,
- Sagging across the middle third of the mattress or along the sides makes you roll toward your partner,
- The mattress makes creaking noises,
- Soft, non-supportive edges are a sign of edge breakdown,
- You’re waking up sore or stiff in the morning,
- You have developed reoccurring back pain.
Signs that you are not getting enough sleep:
- You are always tired in the morning
- You are having constant difficulty getting out of bed
- You are in need of a nap during the day
- You are irritable, unable to concentrate
- You sleep better on the coach
- You are not sleeping well
Poor sleeping habits and the effects of sleep deprivation is usually the first sign that you need a new mattress.
Obviously a good night’s sleep is crucial. Sleep helps replenish the vital energy you expend during the day.