Buying a mattress…
1. Bring your sleep partner with you when you shop.
2. Pick a size. Are you buying a mattress on its own or as a set? Think what you’ll be using the mattress for in future years. Plan ahead for partners, pets, kids, etc.
3. Sacktime’s mattress selections come in a variety of estimated sizes. The following are our most common:
Twin: 38″ x 75″
Twin XL: 38″ x 80″
Full: 54″ x 75″
Queen: 60″ x 80″
King: 76″ x 80″
Cal King: 72” x 84”
We also do custom sizes
Choose a comfort level.
Basically, you want a well-built mattress that gives you both great support and good value for your money. A good, strong coil support system will help your back.
Common comfort levels are: Extra Firm Traditional Firm Plush Extra Plush Pillow Top
4. Keep your height and weight in mind. If your height and weight are average, you’ll have an easier time determining your desired firmness.
5. Suffer from back pain? Be sure to pay a little more for a better quality mattress. Your doctor can advise you.
6. Do you sleep on your back or your side? Many people say their mattresses feel firmer when they sleep on their side. Do the same when you test out a mattress in the store.
Spend some time on various mattresses to see which one suits you best.
7. Think about how much you want to spend. Buying a decent mattress is like buying a decent car. A higher quality mattress is usually bought at a higher price.
However, price isn’t everything. Focus on the models that suit your needs best.